Both stations to offer their selected shows for airing
By Naomi Lane Tiburcio
University of the Philippines Diliman college radio DZUP 1602 collaborates with DLSU-D’s college radio DWSU 95.9 Green FM for the first time. The stations agrees to air shows from both stations for the next three months.
Green FM has selected to air the following DZUP shows:
- Health Matters, a radio program designed to feature topics about health and to promote health advocacies;
- Kagalingang Pantahanan, a radio program that gives advices on family planning;
- Sciencia na Kayo, a program that aims to inform listeners about the basic concepts and trends of science.
On the other hand, DZUP will air episodes from the following Green FM shows:
- Media Watch, a media and communication technology news program;
- Good News Pilipinas.com LIVE, a news show showcasing good news from across the country;
- Radyo Kultura, a talk show that tackles Philippine culture;
- Kausap, a radio program that gives significant life advices;
- Libreng Sakay, a radio travel program;
- Jam Sessions, a music program that invites Lasallians to sing on air.
Green FM is also looking on airing a special show on college radio broadcasting both simulcast on DZUP, a 5,000-watt power based in Quezon City, and Green FM, a 10-watt power based in Dasmariñas City. The show will have each hosts anchoring from their own studios while inviting guests from other college radio stations.
“I and Green FM expect a stronger sense of community broadcasting, serving the DLSU-D community and neighboring areas who can be reached by our signal,” Angie Quadra-Balibay, Green FM’s station manager said.
Balibay also added that Green FM is anticipating nationwide connections with other college radio stations.